Tuesday, December 28, 2010

On Believing.

"Now that I am a Christian I do have moods in which the whole thing looks improbable: but when I was an atheist I had moods in which Christianity looked terribly probable."
CS Lewis, Mere Christianity

I have a friend who is absolutely dead set on the belief that God may exist, but He doesnt hear us, want us, or interact with us. Therefore, Christianity, the church and everything that comes with that are false.

This personally grieves my heart. I have prayed for him, talked with him, and even simply agreed with him; that yes, there are major flaws in the Church, and how things are conducted. And I find myself discouraged, and asking questions like why isnt God revealing his mercy to this person....
And then i stop and collect my doubt. He already has; through me, through others, and love. One day, this person's heart is going to be softened, and the Lord whispers to me that my time and His time are opposite. The reminder simply confirms in my own belief that Christ loves each and every person, so much so that He will take them to their darkest lowest moment to reveal it.

So now, i sit and pray for my friend, that he will be taken lower than he's ever been, to the point where he's completely alone, mentally and physically, and that Jesus meets him there.

"When we wake up, we dont breathe in air, but we breathe in grace."
                                                                                   -Jordan Fitch.

1 comment: